Have you been considering a sabbatical but are on the fence about it? Are you completely clueless as to what a sabbatical even is? Well, I am going to be explaining to you what exactly a sabbatical is and why you should totally take one! Check it out below?
Post may contain affiliate links. Disclosure can be viewed here.
What is a sabbatical?
The term sabbatical actually comes from the biblical term Sabbath. This is a time of rest. You don’t work. You don’t stress. You just relax. . . and reboot.
Many people travel away from home to experience their sabbatical, but this is not necessary. You can just stay at home during this period if you want- as long as you are allowing yourself to fully relax and recharge.
A sabbatical doesn’t have to be for any particular amount of time. You can take a few days, a week, a month, or even several months if that works for you.
If you work for a company that has a sabbatical program, great. If not, use some vacation time. Self-employed? Awesome. Schedule some vacation time. You should definitely try to take some time off for a sabbatical and here’s why:
- Your energy levels can improve greatly- having a monotonous routine can kill your energy and motivation. During a sabbatical, you get to recharge. When you return to work, you will be so much more productive. You may even find that you’re working through your daily to-do-lists like a champ.
- You have the opportunity to gain a fresh perspective- Taking a step back from your regular routine can allow you to view the world from a different window. Maybe then you can see that life isn’t so bad after all.
- You can experience heightened creativity- when you give your brain some rest, it can better function to provide you with creative solutions and ideas. This may be exactly what you need to take you to that next level!
- You can enjoy improved health- regularly experiencing high levels of stress can really hurt your health. During a sabbatical, you can de-stress and may even find that your health immediately starts to improve.
- You have an amazing opportunity to learn something new- during your sabbatical you can spend time exploring a new field. Perhaps you travel to a place you have never been before and you can learn more about the culture and the people. There are so many wonderful opportunities to learn throughout your sabbatical. Knowledge is one of our greatest blessings!
You’re probably 1000% ready for a sabbatical now huh? Well, what are you waiting for? Start making those plans! Taking a sabbatical can require lots of early planning, so waste no time!
Don’t forget to join our FREE Private Facebook group for support on your Journey Through Self-Discovery. If you find the information on this site to be helpful please feel free to LIKE The Blue Optimist on Facebook and leave a review. I would also greatly appreciate any donations made to The Blue Optimist. Love and light.